This handsome tropical plant is highly decorative with an attractive foliage to bring a jungle touch into your home. It features absolutely stunning velvety green leaves, with a striking pattern thanks to its distinctive red veins and central lime green variegations. The reverse of each leaf has a pinkish, red shade. The beautiful markings on its foliage become even more vivid as this plant matures. Native to Brazil, Marantas will open their leaves with the morning sun, and close them again at night which is why they are commonly referred to as prayer plants - you can sometimes even hear them rustling! As well as being highly decorative, this is a great air-purifier.
- Bright indirect light away from drafts.
- Water frequently to keep the soil moist but not soggy. If using tap water it is best to leave it to stand for a couple of hours before using. Using a Sustee Moisture Meter stick helps to figure out how much moisture is in the soil so you don’t under or overwater.
- You can mist the leaves every week with filtered water to increase the humidity.
- Well draining soil and apply a few drops of general houseplant fertilizer to the soil twice a month from spring to summer, do not provide nutrients in the fall and winter.
- The range of 18°C–30°C temperature is ideal, avoid temperatures lower than 15°C.
- To repot this plant, you will need around 1 packs of For My Plants potting mix for the most loved houseplants.
- Pet friendly.
Height of the plant - 20 cm. Diameter of the pot - 12 cm. Sustee size M.
Height of the plant is measured from the base of the pot to the top of the plant. Diameter of the pot is measured at the top part of it.