This plant will be shipped from the Netherlands. Please choose Delivery with courier only.
Also known as the monkey tree, guiana chestnut, or the saba nut, Pachira aquatica is native to the tropics and thrives near wetlands and swamps. It loves moist soil; hence, the kill-proof factor. It also does well in indirect light, so growing it indoors is no problem — just position it in a fairly sunny spot.
- Position it in indirect light indoors, turning it every time you water it for even growth and leafing.
- This tree loves moisture, but you still should never let it stand in water. Therefore, keeping it in a planter with good drainage is essential.
- Be sure to water consistently, ideally 1 – 2 times per week depending on humidity. Water all the topsoil, just until the water starts leaking out the drain holes. Using a Sustee Moisture Meter stick helps to figure out how much moisture is in the soil so you don’t under or overwater.
- For optimal longevity, lightly fertilize the Pachira aquatica 3 – 4 times a year with a water-soluble fertilizer. I use an easy one that you scatter on the topsoil that gradually dissolves with each watering.
- To repot this plant, you will need around 2 packs of For My Plants potting mix for the most loved houseplants.
- Pet friendly.
Height of the plant - 45 cm. Diameter of the pot - 12 cm. Sustee size M.
Height of the plant is measured from the base of the pot to the top of the plant.
Diameter of the pot is measured at the top part of it.