Please choose local pick up or delivery by courier as this plant won't fit in a DPD parcel box.
This plant is famous for its round palm-like leaves and flowers that look like tropical birds, therefore, the nickname - ‘Bird of Paradise’ plant. Native to Africa, strelitzia can grow up to 1.3 metres tall and spread up to two to three metres wide when aged.
Strelitzia Reginae is a large and gorgeous foliage plant that will look as majestic indoors in a pot, as it does outside in the garden.
This plant needs a little bit of extra care if you want the flowers to bloom. They usually appear between April and November, but may not appear until the plant is 4 to 5 years old.
- Keep the plant in a sunny, brightly-lit spot
- Water when the surface of the soil feels dry
- Be careful not to over-water, and reduce watering during the cooler months.
- When soil is completely dry, water enough to saturate the soil then not again until completely dried out. Using a Sustee Moisture Meter stick helps to figure out how much moisture is in the soil so you don’t under or overwater.
- Use a high-quality potting mix to fill your pot and choose a pot at least 40cm wide pot with holes for drainage.
- Give the plant a feed once a fortnight during spring and summer, but don’t feed it during winter.
- Usually requires re-potting every 3 years.
- To repot this plant, you will need around 2 packs of For My Plants potting mix for the most loved houseplants.
- Toxic to pets.
Height of the plant - 150 cm. Diameter of the pot - 34 cm. Sustee size L.
Height of the plant is measured from the base of the pot to the top of the plant. Diameter of the pot is measured at the top part of it.