This plant will be shipped from the Netherlands🇳🇱. Please choose Delivery with courier only.
Well we have been waiting for this one so long!
Philodendron gloriosum is famous for its beautiful heart shaped green velvety foliage with pale green, white or pinkish veins. Gorgeous looking plant and easy to care for too! Native to Columbia it will bring jungle vibes everywhere it's put.
- Place it in bright indirect light. Too much direct light can lead to yellow leaves. On the other side, too much shade can lead to long leggy leaves, so it is important for you to find the right light conditions for this beauty.
- Keep the soil damp but not soggy. Allow the soil to become dry at the top to the touch between watering. Overwatering can lead to root rot. Using a Sustee Moisture Meter stick helps to figure out how much moisture is in the soil so you don’t under or overwater.
- Prefers room temperatures of 18-29 °C.
- Repot it once a year at the beginning of spring, especially during the first 3 - 5 years of life.
- Use fertilizer monthly at half-strength during the growing season (March - September) and reduce it to every 8 weeks for the rest of the year.
- Gloriosum will prefer air humidity between 60-80%, but will do fine in more dry conditions.
- Best soil is well-draining soil rich in organic matter. It is important to provide oxygen for the roots. To repot this plant, you will need around one pack of For My Plants potting mix for the most loved houseplants. This plant can also grow in 100% sphagnum moss, however regular fertilizing needs to be provided in that case.
- Toxic to pets and humans.
Height of the plant - 50 cm. Diameter of the pot - 15 cm. Sustee size M.
Height of the plant is measured from the base of the pot to the top of the plant. Diameter of the pot is measured at the top part of it.