Saxifraga stolonifera is definitely an eye-catcher! A ground covering plant native to Asia, it grows low and covers the ground with round leaves with wavy edges, decorated with creamy pink margins and purple undersides. Tiny seedlings are produced on long, red stems, which makes it a great plant for a hanging basket or a shelf. In the beginning of summer geraniums bloom with tiny flowers in white and pink.
- Prefers diffused sunlight away from direct sun rays or a semi-shade.
- Medium water needs and should not be overwatered. Keep the soil slightly on the moist side, don't let it fully dry out. Water more carefully during darker months. Using a Sustee Moisture Meter stick helps to figure out how much moisture is in the soil so you don’t under or overwater.
- Feels comfortable in below average room temperatures so guard it from hot sun in summer and from heat sources in winter.
- Remove the flower buds as soon as they start to fade away.
- Not fussy about the potting mix, just plant it in well-drained soil in a pot with drainage holes.
- Feed once a month with balanced fertiliser from March to August.
- Pet friendly.
Height of the plant - 25 cm. Diameter of the pot - 12 cm. Sustee size S.
Height of the plant is measured from the base of the pot to the top of the plant. Diameter of the pot is measured at the top part of it.