EASYfinds: these plants are in need of love and care, and we are selling them from 1 - 10 EUR. Money raised through selling these will go to our charity project "Tiny Baby Node", to buy more thread to knit sets for prematurely born babies.
These babies did not get enough water at some point. They require some love & care.
Look at its stunning foliage! The leaves of the Alocasia amazonica Bambino Arrow are narrow with bright veins. It has a very similar appearance to Alocasia amazonica Polly, but is smaller and is also known as Jewel Alocasia. Its origin is Southeast Asia.
This plant is ideal for table tops and shelves. The leaf blades are typically 15-18cm long and about 5cm wide with a dark purple underside.
- Likes well lit, bright conditions, however direct sunlight will scorch the leaves.
- Do not allow the soil to dry out. Little and often watering is a good approach.
- Its ideal temperature is between 18-22°C.
- Needs a moist environment with above average humidity. Mist it frequently. Ideal plant for kitchens and bathrooms.
- Feed with a fertiliser once a month during the growing season.
- Alocasias have a dormant period where leaves will fade and die so do not be alarmed when this happens. During this period, the plants will require less water.
- Alocasia can reach 40cm. It grows fast in the right conditions.
- Can be toxic. Keep out of reach of children and animals.