Alocasia Dragon scale is a stunning houseplant favourited by many due to it's unusual appearance of waxy, textured deep-green leaves with dark, dramatic veining and slim, elegant stems. Alocasia appreciates the extra humidity and warm room temperatures.
- Bright indirect light all year round. Remember to rotate the plant every now and then to prevent it from leaning to one side.
- Allow the soil to dry between watering. It will require less water when it’s dormant and more regular watering during active growth period. Using a Sustee Moisture Meter stick helps to figure out how much moisture is in the soil so you don’t under or overwater.
- Prefers room temperatures 13 - 27 °C.
- Above average humidity is required so spray the leaves regularly with room temperature water or set up a humidifier.
- Use a houseplant fertiliser every 2 - 4 weeks during active growth period, e.g., when plant is developing new leaves.
- Repot roughly every 1-1.5 years when there has been active growth or if the roots start to come out through the drainage holes of the pot. Use well draining house plant potting mix with added draining medium like perlite or grit. To repot this plant, you will need 1 pack of For My Plants potting mix for the most loved houseplants.
- Highly toxic to humans and pets so make sure to put it out of reach of children and pets.
Height of the plant - 25 cm. Diameter of the pot -14 cm. Sustee size M.
Height of the plant is measured from the base of the pot to the top of the plant. Diameter of the pot is measured at the top part of it.