Here is a very impressive and imposing plant from South-East Asia! In the wild, it can grow as tall as 4 metres and leaves as large as 90 cm. It’s much smaller in a domestic setting, but it still requires a lot of space and it grows fast. The huge emerald green leaves with wonderfully scalloped edges point magnificently toward the sky. It brings a touch of the exotic in your home and will certainly make you feel as though you’ve just stepped into the rainforest!
- Likes well lit, bright conditions, however direct sunlight will scorch the leaves.
- Keep its soil consistently moist (but not soggy), little and often watering is a good approach. Reduce watering in winter.
- Alocasia have a dormant period where leaves will fade and die so do not be alarmed when this happens. During this period, the plants will require less water, so simply moisten the soil from time to time.
- Thrives in a moist environment with above average humidity. Ideally suited for kitchens and bathrooms and will appreciate a good misting.
- Its ideal temperature is between 18-22°C. Keep away from draughts.
- Likes to be fed once a month in spring and summer.
- Toxic so keep out of reach of children and animals.
Height of the plant - 40 cm. Diameter of the pot - 14 cm.