Here is a rare gem you will be proud to show off! This dwarf Alocasia has beautiful dark almost black leaves with brilliant silvery-white veins and a velvety look.The underside has a purple shade. Native to the jungles of Borneo, it grows only up to 30-40 cm tall and can produce Anthurium-like flowers when grown in the right conditions. This tropical beauty loves warm, moist areas and does well indoors. It goes dormant in winter.
- Bright indirect light. This Alocasia will adjust its size according to the amount of sun it receives. The more sun it receives the smaller it will be, the less sun it receives the larger it will become.
- Water your Black Velvet deeply but infrequently. Let the plant dry out between waterings. It will not cope with sitting in wet soil. A well draining soil is essential.
- Temperature between 12-30°C. It is very cold sensitive.
- Medium to high humidity. It will do well in your kitchen or bathroom.
- Toxic when ingested. Keep away from pets and kids.
Height of the plant - 11 cm. Diameter of the pot - 5 cm.