It is a beautiful tropical plant. Its zebra-like stems and large leaves really stand out. It's not the easiest plant to take care of though and it will drop some leaves, but this is nothing to worry about. If you take good care of this plant, it'll only drop its old leaves to make space for large new leaves.
PLANT CARE :
- This plant likes humidity, so try to mist it often, at least once per week.Water it until water starts to drip out of the drainage hole in the bottom of the pot. If this is also not an option for you, simply water it more often, but only very small quantities. The goal is to keep the soil slightly damp, but not so much that any water accumulates in the bottom of the pot. This Alocasia is very sensitive to water. The best way to determine if it needs a drink, is to lift the pot and if it feels light, water it.
- This plant needs a lot of sunlight. Don't put it right next to the window though, this will burn its beautiful, big leaves. If your plant gets slightly yellow leaves, you know the sun was too much for the plant and you'll need to move it to a slightly more shady spot.
- As mentioned earlier in this guide, this plant should be underwatered rather than overwatered, because overwatering could kill it. A way to make sure that the chances of overwatering are reduced is by using very well-draining soil.
- The Alocasia Zebrina grows really quickly in its growing period from spring until the early autumn. During this time, you should fertilize the plant every two weeks to give it the energy it needs to keep growing so quickly.
- The Alocasia Zebrina loves to be root bound in a small pot. So don't repot this plant in a larger pot too quickly. It's very happy to be in a small pot.
- Toxic to pets.
Height of the plant - 67 cm. Diameter of the pot - 17 cm. Sustee size L