Have you ever dreamed of a banana tree?
These plants are most well known for their fruits in the world, as well as being delicious some varieties can be grown easily and effectively as houseplants. It might therefore seem an unlikely houseplant but actually, it's been grown indoors since the Victorian times,
These plants can still easily reach 2m, so you can keep the baby plant on your window ledge for a while but might need to look for a new spot later.
- It needs good light but is okay also in part shade or full sun.
- Water it regularly. Check the soil with your finger or use one of the moisture sticks. If the first 4cm are dry, then it needs watering. Water is a bit less in the winter months.
- Mist it on a regular basis as the plant likes humidity. Low humidity often is a factor for leaf damage.
- Feed it frequently with a plant fertilizer, preferably every 2 - 3 weeks to fuel its growth.
- Doesn't like temperatures lower than 10C degrees.
- If treated well, Musa is a fast grower and can grow even a new leaf every week during the growing season.
- Non - toxic.