One glance at this gorgeous Caladium, and you'll see that it's every bit refreshing and delightful. 'Carolyn Whorton' is a fancy-leaved introduction with pink leaves and rose red veins with green margin along the edges. It is a part shade to shade plant. Caladiums are also generally considered to be houseplants where they prefer bright light or a sunny window.
- Caladium plants prefer indirect light or moderate shade indoors.
- When leaves appear on the plant, water as needed to keep the soil evenly moist. Never let the plant dry out. Stop watering the plant when the leaves start to die back. Using a Sustee Moisture Meter stick helps to figure out how much moisture is in the soil so you don’t under or overwater.
- High humidity is important for Caladiums. So it will do great with daily showers from a spray bottle, but don’t leave any big water drops on the foliage.
- Store it in its pot in a warm place not colder than 16 °C.
- Caladiums are seasonally dormant plants. At the end of the growing season leaves will start to fade. At this point you will have to reduce watering to stop it completely when all the foliage is gone and your plant has entered the winter rest. Store it in its pot in a warm place not colder than 16°C. It will need about two months of rest period. After that, take the tuber up, change the soil, take a bigger pot if the tuber has grown substantially and start it all over again.
- To repot this plant, you will need around 1 pack of For My Plants potting mix for the most loved houseplants.
- Handle your calladium with caution, it is poisonous! Make sure it is out of reach of children and pets.
Height of the plant - 25 cm. Diameter of the pot - 13 cm. Sustee size M.
Height of the plant is measured from the base of the pot to the top of the plant.
Diameter of the pot is measured at the top part of it.