Calatheas are stunning houseplants that are part of the overarching Marantaceae (aka Prayer Plant) family. Displaying daily plant movement is just one of the stunning traits this plant possesses. This tropical indoor plant needs a moderate level of care, making it a great choice for those plant parents that are looking to take their plant game to the next level.
- Place calathea in medium, filtered light, away from direct sunlight.
- Maintain soil moist with regular watering, but do not let it become soggy. Use filtered, distilled or rainwater ideally. Using a Sustee Moisture Meter stick helps to figure out how much moisture is in the soil so you don’t under or overwater.
- Suitable room temperature from 18 °C to 24 ºC.
- Fertilise monthly while actively growing with 1/4 strength of balanced fertilizer. Flush the soil several times per year to wash out accumulated salts.
- Needs high humidity to keep the foliage looking well.
- Calathea doesn’t like to be repotted too often, only once root bound.
- Non-toxic to humans and pets.
Height of the plant - 35 cm. Diameter of the pot - 12 cm. Sustee size M.
Height of the plant is measured from the base of the pot to the top of the plant. Diameter of the pot is measured at the top part of it.