This plant will be shipped from the Netherlands🇳🇱. Please choose Delivery with courier only.
Calathea is a genus of several dozen species within the Marantaceae family, native to Brazil and Central America. Several varieties of this plant have become highly valued as house plants due to their unique foliage consisting of velvety patterned leaves.
In its natural habitat, the calathea is a forest floor dwelling plant which enjoys the shade provided by the plush tropical canopy over head. While it can survive in low light conditions, it may lose its striking color.
- Prefers bright light, but is adaptable to bright indirect light conditions.
- Be sure to water your plant upon delivery. Calathea likes moderately moist soil but will rot when too much moisture is present. If 2 cm of top layer of the soil is dry and the Calathea leaves are beginning to curl, it is time to water. Preferably water with filtered or rain water until water starts dripping down the drainage holes. Using a Sustee Moisture Meter stick helps to figure out how much moisture is in the soil so you don’t under or overwater.
- As a tropical plant Calathea appreciates high humidity. If leaves start to curl or tips become brown, rise air humidity around the plant, regularly mist the plant with room temperature water. In order for Calathea to thrive and look lush, air humidity should be around 60%.
- Fertilise monthly while actively growing with 1/4 strength, balanced fertiliser. Flush the soil several times per year.
- Doesn’t like to be repotted too often, only once root bound.
- Non-toxic to humans and pets.
Height of the plant - 13 cm. Diameter of the pot - 6 cm. Sustee size M.
Height of the plant is measured from the base of the pot to the top of the plant.
Diameter of the pot is measured at the top part of it.