This plant will be shipped from the Netherlands🇳🇱. Please choose Delivery with courier only.
It is the perfect plant for pattern lovers. Native to Brazil, the wavy-edged leaves are bright green and striped with darker green and purple underneath. Also called the rattlesnake plant due to its lance-shaped foliage that fold together at night and unfold in the morning.
- Medium, filtered light.
- Maintain moist soil with regular watering, but do not let the soil become soggy. Use filtered, distilled or rainwater ideally. Using a Sustee Moisture Meter stick helps to figure out how much moisture is in the soil so you don’t under or overwater.
- Provide temperatures from 18-24°C for best growth.
- Feed monthly while actively growing with 1/4 strength, balanced fertilizer. Flush the soil several times per year.
- Needs high humidity to keep foliage looking well.
- Nothing lasts forever and even a plant with the best care will need to rejuvenate with time and older leaves will start to dry off. There is no need to stick with them and patiently wait for them to go back to green. It's best to cut them so that the plant can focus its energy on the new leaves. If the leaf itself still looks good, then just prune dry edges.
- Calathea doesn’t like to be repotted too often. Only once root bound. Repot early in spring only when necessary. To repot this plant, you will need 1-2 packs of For My Plants potting mix for the most loved houseplants.
- Pet friendly.
Height of the plant - 50 cm. Diameter of the pot - 12 cm. Sustee size M.
Height of the plant is measured from the base of the pot to the top of the plant. Diameter of the pot is measured at the top part of it.