Calathea Warscewiczii, also known as Calathea Jungle Velvet, is an absolute stunner, having vibrant green patterned leaves with deep purple backs. It produces large leaves with a unique velvety texture that makes them soft to the touch! Fun planty fact! Calatheas symbolise new beginnings.
- Place it in medium, filtered light.
- Maintain moist soil with regular watering, but do not let the soil become soggy. Use filtered, distilled or rainwater ideally. Using a Sustee Moisture Meter stick helps to figure out how much moisture is in the soil so you don’t under or overwater.
- Prefers room temperatures of 18°C to 24ºC.
- Needs high humidity to keep foliage looking well.
- Feed monthly while actively growing with 1/4 strength, balanced fertiliser. Flush the soil several times per year.
- Well draining potting mix. A good mix is two parts peat/coir and one part perlite. To repot this plant, you will need around 2 packs of For My Plants potting mix for the most loved houseplants.
- Non-toxic to humans and pets.
Height - 65 cm. The diameter of the pot - 19 cm. Sustee size M.