Fat Joe is how we call our beautiful Codiaeum Gold Sun. No wonder that the tropical, evergreen ornamental plant is at the top of the list of the most popular indoor plants. With its magnificent foliage in rich autumn colours it just shouts for comfort and good mood. The wonderful Codiaeum variegated, with the impressively ornamental leaves, act also as an air freshener.
Name of this grandiose plant was inspired by the famous Joseph Antonio Cartagena, better known by his stage name - Fat Joe, who is an American rapper and actor from the New York.
Originally Codiaeum Gold Sun comes from Indonesia, Malaysia, Australia and the western Pacific Ocean islands, growing in open forests and scrub. Although croton plant is often grown outdoors in tropical climates, it also make excellent houseplants.
We must mention that Croton plants do not like to be moved, and when they are moved, they can quickly go into shock which results in leaf loss. In situations where moving the plant is unavoidable (such as when you buy one), don’t panic at the leaf loss. Simply maintain proper care and the plant will regrow its leaves within a short period of time, after which, it will prove to be a resilient houseplant.
Fat Joe is 30 cm tall and the diameter of its pot is 12 cm. Sustee size M.
- Bright to full sunshine with 75 to 100 percent light intensity.
- Usually with light shading from strong sun at noon during summer time.
- Keep the soil slightly moist from March to September.
- Dry the surface, water until the saucer is full. After a few minutes pour out the saucer, so that there is no water-logging.
- Reduce the water supply from October to February, without drying the soil completely.