No wonder that the tropical, evergreen ornamental plant is at the top of the list of the most popular indoor plants. With its magnificent foliage in rich autumn colours it just shouts for comfort and a good mood. The wonderful Codiaeum variegated, with impressively ornamental leaves, act also as an air freshener.
Originally Codiaeum variegatum comes from Indonesia, Malaysia, Australia and the western Pacific Ocean islands, growing in open forests and scrub. Although the croton plant is often grown outdoors in tropical climates, it also makes excellent houseplants.
We must mention that Croton plants do not like to be moved, and when they are moved, they can quickly go into shock which results in leaf loss. In situations where moving the plant is unavoidable (such as when you buy one), don’t panic at the leaf loss. Simply maintain proper care and the plant will regrow its leaves within a short period of time, after which, it will prove to be a resilient houseplant.
- Bright to full sunshine with 75 to 100 percent light intensity.
- Usually with light shading from the strong sun at noon during summertime.
- Keep the soil slightly moist from March to September.
- Dry the surface, water until the saucer is full. After a few minutes pour out the saucer, so that there is no water-logging. Using a Sustee Moisture Meter stick helps to figure out how much moisture is in the soil so you don’t under or overwater.
- Reduce the water supply from October to February, without drying the soil completely.
- To repot this plant, you will need less than one pack of For My Plants potting mix for the most loved houseplants.
- Toxic to pets.
Height of the plant - 20 cm. Diameter of the pot - 7 cm. Sustee size S.
The height of the plant is measured from the base of the pot to the top of the plant.
The diameter of the pot is measured at the top part of the pot.