This plant will be shipped from the Netherlands🇳🇱. Please choose Delivery with courier only.
The Calathea orbifolia’s oversized leaves are striped with silvery bands that are tastefully beautiful in a simple way. It’s one of those plants that triggers a must-have purchase – but Calathea orbifolia care can be a challenge if you want to keep your plant looking radiant. A South American prayer plant kept for its clean, designer-quality foliage, Orbifolia is one of the largest Calatheas. Its bold oval leaves can grow over a foot across – it makes a classic statement plant.
Calatheas can be fussy and the Orbifolia is no exception. Its attractive foliage and well-balanced profile attracts smitten owners, some of whom sadly watch the lovely plant slowly disfigure itself and decline. Why? Because love is not enough.
- Medium, filtered light.
- Maintain moist soil with regular watering, but do not let the soil become soggy. Use filtered, distilled or rainwater ideally. Using a Sustee Moisture Meter stick helps to figure out how much moisture is in the soil so you don’t under or overwater.
- Provide temperatures from 18-24 °C for best growth.
- Feed monthly while actively growing with 1/4 strength, balanced fertilizer. Flush the soil several times per year.
- Needs high humidity to keep foliage looking well.
- Nothing lasts forever and even a plant with the best care will need to rejuvenate with time and older leaves will start to dry off. There is no need to stick with them and patiently wait for them to go back to green. It's best to cut them so that the plant can focus its energy on the new leaves. If the leaf itself still looks good, then just prune dry edges.
- Calathea doesn’t like to be repotted too often. Only once root bound. Repot early in spring only when necessary. To repot this plant, you will need 1 packs of For My Plants potting mix for the most loved houseplants.
- Pet friendly.
Height of the plant - 10 cm. Diameter of the pot - 6 cm. Sustee size S.
The diameter of the pot is measured at the top part of the pot.