Please choose local pick up or delivery by courier as this plant won't fit in a DPD parcel box.
The Dieffenbachia genus includes a large group of beautiful tropical perennial species. It is a stunning feature plant with large variegated leaves, dashed with cream and lime green. A large, well-grown dieffenbachia can reach 1.5 - 3 m, with leaves 50 cm long. Even if the plants will rarely reach this size in typical indoor conditions, they will add a lush, tropical touch to your home.
- Dieffenbachia is best grown as an indoor plant in bright, indirect sunlight. Plant it in fertile, well-drained potting soil with a high peat content. It will do best in high humidity. One way to provide this is to place the pot on a tray of pebbles that is kept wet.
- Dieffenbachia plants appreciate bright light during the winter months. During the growing season, the plant prefers dappled shade or indirect light.
- Use a fast-draining, well-aerated potting mix. Make sure their drainage is good to avoid damaging the roots; they should never be left in soggy soil.
- During the growing season, Dieffenbachias like regular moisture and do not want to dry out. A large dieffenbachia might need to be watered twice a week. In the winter, cut back on the water. Using a Sustee Moisture Meter stick helps to figure out how much moisture is in the soil so you don’t under or overwater.
- This plant likes above-average warmth. If the plant is exposed to cold drafts, it is likely to lose lower leaves and assume a palm-like appearance.
- For best results, feed regularly (every 4 to 6 weeks) with a balanced, diluted fertilizer, such as a 20-20-20.
- Repot annually for best results — simply lift the plant as a whole, knock away any old soil and dead material from the roots, and replace it in a larger container. Watch out for signs of stress on the plant, like roots poking out from the surface, crowding, or falling leaves, which could signal that the plant needs repotting. After repotting a dieffenbachia, give it some time to adjust to its new setting. Make sure to wear thick gloves, or else you risk hurting yourself by contact with the milky, mildly toxic sap.
- To repot this plant, you will need around 2 packs of For My Plants potting mix for the most loved houseplants.
- Toxic to pets and humans.
Height of the plant - 80 cm. Diameter of the pot - 24 cm. Sustee size L.
Height of the plant is measured from the base of the pot to the top of the plant.
Diameter of the pot is measured at the top part of it.