The Corn plant is a popular ornamental houseplant. This one has very striking, dark green leaves with golden edges giving it a fantastic contrasting look, perfect for a tropical indoor vibe! It reaches a height of about 1 meter indoors, and has a bushy tree type of look. Native to Tropical Africa, it is very easy to care for and is a great air-purifier.
- Prefers medium to bright light but can tolerate lower light levels. And well away from direct sunlight.
- Water when the soil starts to dry out at the top, water well and allow to drain thoroughly.
- The Dracaena has a dormant period in November and December. During this period, the plant only needs to be watered occasionally. In the summer, you can start to water it more again.
- Average temperatures between 16-24°C but can cope with as low as 12°C for short periods.
- Apply a weak dose of a fertiliser once or twice a month during the growing season (spring to fall).
- Wipe leaves with a damp cloth to remove accumulated dust. Don’t use leaf shine on this plant.
- Toxic to pets.
Height of the plant - 38 cm. Diameter of the pot - 11 cm.