The corn plant is a popular ornamental houseplant. This one has very striking, long green leaves which range from yellow to lime green in the outer edges that twist slightly. It provides a fantastic contrasting look, perfect for a tropical indoor vibe! It reaches a height of about 1 meter indoors, and has a bushy tree type of look. Native to Tropical Africa, it is very easy to care for and is a great air-purifier.
- Prefers medium to bright light but can tolerate lower light levels. And well away from direct sunlight.
- Water when the soil starts to dry out at the top, water well and allow to drain thoroughly. Using a Sustee Moisture Meter stick helps to figure out how much moisture is in the soil so you don’t under or overwater.
- The Dracaena has a dormant period in November and December. During this period, the plant only needs to be watered occasionally. In the summer, you can start to water it more again.
- Average temperatures between 16-24°C but can cope with as low as 12°C for short periods.
- Apply a weak dose of a fertiliser once or twice a month during the growing season (spring to fall).
- Wipe leaves with a damp cloth to remove accumulated dust. Don’t use leaf shine on this plant.
- Toxic to pets.
Height of the plant - 55 cm. Diameter of the pot - 17 cm. Sustee size M.
The height of the plant is measured from the base of the pot to the top of the plant.
The diameter of the pot is measured at the top part of the pot.