Please choose local pick up or delivery by courier as this plant won't fit in a DPD parcel box.
Native to Southern Asia, this attractive tropical tree is an ornamental, evergreen houseplant. It has lovely, thick glossy emerald green oval leaves and it filters airborne toxins from the surrounding environment. It is also relatively easy to look after, which makes it very popular and an ideal plant for your home or office.
- Prefers bright, indirect light, but benefits from a few hours of direct sun.
- Water thoroughly in the summer and reduce watering in winter. Water the plant when the topsoil feels dry to touch. Do not overwater the plant. Using a Sustee Moisture Meter stick helps to figure out how much moisture is in the soil so you don’t under or overwater.
- Soil should be well drained.
- Ideal temperatures are 16-24°C. Avoid cold draughts.
- During summer feed the Ficus with organic fertilizer once a month.
- Rotate your tree once a month to keep it standing straight and tall as it reaches towards the light, so if you don’t rotate you’ll notice them bending over time.
- Regular pruning is necessary to retain the tree shape. Prune back to 2 leaves after 6-8 leaves have grown. The tree should only be pruned during the periods of active growth.
- To repot this plant, you will need around 2 packs of For My Plants potting mix for the most loved houseplants.
- Toxic to pets and humans due to the latex in the sap.
Height of the plant - 110 cm. Diameter of the pot - 23 cm. Sustee size - L.
Height of the plant is measured from the base of the pot to the top of the plant.
Diameter of the pot is measured at the top part of it.