If you follow plant fassion, you probably already know that Hoyas are in fashion this season. They have left the dusty days of our grandmother's kitchens behind them, found their way into our more modernized lifestyles.
Native to tropical Asia hoya’s are perfectly suited for your urban jungle. The Hoya Carnosa ‘Tricolor’, an offshoot of the common Carnosa species, has pink slender stems with pink, white and deep green succulent leaves. Wax plants are found vining along trees and cascading out of available crevices. These are truly majestic houseplants that are a must have for any plant collection.
- This plant likes bright Indirect light.
- Water once your potting mix is dry to the touch. Do not overwater it!
- Medium to high humidity is ideal.
- Ideal temperatures range from 16°C - 21°C.
- A well draining organic potting mix is sufficient.
- Use a diluted well balanced organic fertilizer once every 2 weeks. Cease fertilization during winter.