Laurus are evergreen trees or shrubs with leathery, dark green, aromatic leaves and small yellow flowers followed on female plants by black berries. They can reach 10 m height at a slow rate. It is in leaf all year, in flower from April to May. With their spicy, aromatic flavouring, leaves are commonly used as a flavouring for soups, stews, etc.
- Prefers well-drained soil.
- Water it regularly but always allow the soil to dry out between waterings, so the roots don’t rot. Using a Sustee Moisture Meter stick helps to figure out how much moisture is in the soil so you don’t under or overwater.
- It can grow in semi-shade or no shade. Keep it near a sunny window for the winter. Avoid exposure to both drafts and heat from appliances.
- Mist regularly with water.
- Feed in the spring and again in mid-summer. It also helps to refresh the top layer of soil each spring, being careful not to hurt the shallow roots.
- Toxic to pets.
Height of the plant - 30 cm. Diameter of the pot - 14 cm. Sustee size M.
The height of the plant is measured from the base of the pot to the top of the plant.
The diameter of the pot is measured at the top part of the pot.