Laurus are evergreen trees or large shrubs, with leathery dark green aromatic leaves, and small yellow flowers followed on female plants by black berries.They can reach 10m high at a slow rate. It is in leaf all year, in flower from April to May. With their spicy, aromatic flavouring, leaves are commonly used as a flavouring for soups, stews, etc. and form an essential ingredient of the herb mix "Bouquet Garni".
- prefers well-drained soil
- Water it regularly but always allow the soil to dry out between waterings, so the roots don’t rot.
- It can grow in semi-shade or no shade. Keep it near a sunny window for the winter. Avoid exposure to both drafts and heat from appliances.
- Mist regularly with water.
- Feed in the spring and again in mid-summer. It also helps to refresh the top couple of inches of soil each spring, being careful not to hurt the shallow roots.
- Toxic to pets.
Height of the plant - 50 cm. Diameter of the pot - 17 cm. Sustee size L.