Platycerium superbum are epiphytic ferns native to the tropical regions of Australia. They have complex anatomy with different types of fronds. Staghorn ferns plants make excellent houseplants that will grow well as potted plants or in hanging baskets.
- Grows best in light shade, or medium to bright filtered sunlight.
- It will thrive in high humidity environments. A well-lit bathroom or kitchen where there is plenty of humidity is a great spot.
- A temperature of about 21C is ideal.
- Consistent temperature is key. These ferns are not very tolerant of temperature fluctuations or cold, drafty air.
- Keep the soil lightly moist, but not soggy. Water when the top quarter to half of the soil feels dry.
- Staghorn ferns have shallow root systems. Plant roots close to the soil surface and make sure soil mixture has excellent drainage to avoid root rot.
- Staghorn ferns, especially younger ones, will benefit from a nutrient boost during the spring and summer.
Note: Last 3 pictures has informative value of how this beauty will look like when grown a little bit more.