This item will be shipped from the Netherlands🇳🇱. Please choose Delivery with courier only.
Native to Southern Africa, this tropical, upright, palm-like plant is fast growing. Its size, leaf shape and flowers which resemble a bird of paradise will make it become a statement piece in your home for a tropical feel. The leaves will split naturally as the plant matures. This is to allow light to reach the lower parts of the plant. Rotate the plant occasionally to encourage even growth.
- Bright indirect light. Put him somewhere that will get him as much light as possible. He’s not made for shade.
- He likes his soil moist, particularly in the warm months. Give him a drink whenever his top 4-5 cm of soil are dry. During the colder months, allow the soil to dry out a little more. Do not allow to stand in water. Using a Sustee Moisture Meter stick helps to figure out how much moisture is in the soil so you don’t under or overwater.
- To repot this plant, you will need around 1-2 packs of For My Plants potting mix for the most loved houseplants.
- He really enjoys a moist environment, so you can mist him regularly but he will cope with normal household conditions.
- Prefers warm temperatures from 21-28°C but can cope with as low as 13°C.
- Apply a balanced fertiliser every few weeks during the growing season.
- Toxic when ingested.
Height of the plant - 140 cm. Diameter of the pot - 24 cm. Sustee size L.Height of the plant is measured from the base of the pot to the top of the plant.
Diameter of the pot is measured at the top part of it.