It’s not only beautiful, but it’s so easy to maintain - perfect for beginner. Arrow-head juvenile leaves grow to get a mature multi-lobed appearance. The compact plant body grows dense, branch-less stems having aerial roots or nodes for climbing. Just like other Aroids, this plant gets slow growth in winter. So, don’t worry, because your Syngonium is pretty fine. It is just sleeping and will start to flourish as soon as the spring comes.
- Semi-shade with indirect sunlight is the ideal condition for the plant. Importantly, always avoid keeping the plant in direct sunlight. As this may burn the delicate leaves.
- Usually loves moist soil. A simple strategy for summer is to water thoroughly after the upper layer of soil gets about 70% dry. However, in winter, water right after the soil gets completely dry. Twice a week in summer and once in two weeks in winter is an estimated frequency. Using a Sustee Moisture Meter stick helps to figure out how much moisture is in the soil so you don’t under or overwater.
- Importantly, always avoid over-watering. Soggy soil is highly unsuitable for these plants and may lead to fungus and root rot.
- Optimal temperature range for the plant is 15 to 29 °C. These plants are not frost hardy. Thus, prefer keeping them in a warm area as soon as the days get cold.
- Being native to rainforests, these plants are humidity lovers. You can manage the dry days by mild misting. Moreover, you can place a pebble-water tray under the pot. However, avoid keeping the plants wet for long.
- This plant needs rich, well-drained and light substrate. Potting mixes are better and light as compared to the potting soils. You can also mix a store-bought potting mix with a peat-based medium. To repot this plant, you will need around 2 packs of For My Plants potting mix for the most loved houseplants.
- Additional nutrients will show good effects in the plant health. March to September; use a houseplant fertilizer once a month.
- Syngoniums are toxic, so keep away from somebody who might like to taste it.
Height of the plant - 50 cm. Diameter of the pot -15 cm. Sustee size M.
Height of the plant is measured from the base of the pot to the top of the plant.
Diameter of the pot is measured at the top part of it.