Pink Plant lovers, beware. We have this beauty!
It’s not only beautiful, but it’s so easy to maintain - perfect for beginner.
The leaves have an iridescent pink shade on the upper side with pure green color underneath. Arrow-head juvenile leaves grow to get a mature multi-lobed appearance. The compact plant body grows dense, branch-less stems having aerial roots or nodes for climbing.
Just like other Aroids, this plant gets slow growth in winter. So, don’t worry, because your Robusta is pretty fine. It is just sleeping and will start to flourish as soon as spring arrives.
- Usually love moist soil. A simple strategy for summer is to water thoroughly after the upper layer of soil gets about 70% dry. However, in winter, water right after the soil gets completely dry. Twice a week in summer and once in two weeks in winter is an estimated frequency.
- Importantly, always avoid over-watering. Soggy soil is highly unsuitable for these plants and may lead to fungus and root rot.
- Semi-shade with indirect sunlight is the ideal condition for the plant. Importantly, always avoid keeping the plant in direct sunlight. As this may burn the delicate Robusta leaves.
- Optimal temperature range for the plant is 60 to 85 °F.( 15 to 29 °C). These plants are not frosted hardy. Thus, prefer keeping them in a warm area as soon as the days get cold.
- Being naïve to rainforests, these plants are humidity lovers. You can manage the dry days by mild misting. Moreover, you can place a pebble-water tray under the plot. However, avoid keeping the plants wet for long.
- This plant needs a rich, well-drained, and light substrate. Potting mixes are better and light as compared to the potting soils. You can also mix a store-bought potting mix with a peat-based medium.
- Additional nutrients will show good effects on plant health. March to September; use a houseplant fertilizer once a month.
- Is my Neon Robusta plant Toxic? Yes! So keep away from somebody who might like to tase it.
Plant height: 34 cm.