The ZZ plant is easy to grow and care for and is one of those houseplants that can survive just about anywhere in the house. This particular plant has rich purple-black leaves that emerge as a rich green color before they mature. The ZZ plant grows similar to tree plants or palms and has stems with many leaves growing from these stems.
- Likes bright light but it is not essential. It grows well also in places with low levels of light.
- Prefers 15-24 ºC temperature, no lower than 8 ºC degrees.
- It's better to underwater this plant than overwater it. Allow the soil to become dry at the top between watering. Using a Sustee Moisture Meter stick helps to figure out how much moisture is in the soil so you don’t under or overwater.
- Re-pot it once a year at the beginning of spring, especially during the first 3 - 5 years of life
- Fertilize during the growing season (April - August).
- To repot this plant, you will need around 2 packs of For My Plants potting mix for the most loved houseplants.
- Toxic to pets and humans.
Height of the plant - 55 cm. Diameter of the pot - 17 cm. Sustee size L.
Height of the plant is measured from the base of the pot to the top of the plant. Diameter of the pot is measured at the top part of it.